This section applies if you are resident in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or access our Careers Ireland page. For the purposes of the GDPR, Legato Ireland Technologies Limited (a member of the Anthem group) is the data controller of any personal data collected about you (referred to as “we” or “our” below).
What information will we collect?
In addition to the information set out above we may also collect the following information relating to job applicants: first name, last name, title, gender, professional history and CV/resume including your educational background, employer details and employment history, skills and experience, references, any information contained and your cover letter and information obtained from background check providers or publically accessible professional or social media sites.
How will information be used?
We collect and process information on job applicants pursuant to our legitimate interests:
- to communicate with you;
- to determine if you are suitable for a role and other wise to conduct and manage our business; and
- in some cases, to establish, exercise or defend legal claims or our legal rights.
In some cases we may also need to process your data where required by law.
Data Retention Period
We will keep your data for as long as needed for the purpose for which it was collected. If you want more information on specific retention periods please contact our Privacy Office using the details below.
The GDPR affords you the following rights which be subject to restrictions under applicable law:
- the right to request information on how we process your personal data which information we have provided in this notice;
- the right to request a copy of your personal data;
- the right to request we rectify/amend incorrect data about you;
- the right to request we erase/delete your personal data (i.e. the right to be forgotten);
- the right to request we restrict our processing of your personal data in certain scenarios;
- the right to request we send your data (which you have provided on the basis of your consent or contract) to a third party;
- the right to object to us processing your personal data where we process your data on the basis of our legitimate interests;
- the right to withdraw consent where you have provided your consent; and
- the right to object to automated decision making (including profiling) although we do not undertake any automated decision making at this time.
Data Transfers outside the EEA
Due to the global nature of our organization (we are part of the Anthem group based in the US), we may process personal information in global databases that can be accessed by authorized Anthem personnel worldwide.
Transfers outside of the EEA are made in accordance with applicable privacy laws and pursuant to appropriate safeguards. For transfers between Legato and the Anthem Group of companies we rely on an Intra-Group Data Transfer Agreement which incorporates European Commission-approved standard contractual clauses. Regardless of where your personal information is collected or processed, we maintain and shall ensure that service providers maintain appropriate administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect the personal information.
For all queries relating to this policy please contact our Data Protection Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are not satisfied with our response you are entitled to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority in your jurisdiction. In Ireland, the supervisory authority is the Data Protection Commission.